Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Today

so many things to blog about within one day

but i'll do it with one huff.. and a puff (hahah, yeah yeah.. i'm being stupid again but excuse me, because it happens when my brain feels tired).

ok! what happened today? lets start backwards shall we?

STORY ONE

As I was walking home, I caught sight of something I see quite often... a man walking his dog on a leash. A collie (the lassie type of dog). What's special about this? Its because I see them quite often downstairs and each time, I would pat the dog and smile at the owner.

But its not just one collie, it was always 2 collies - one younger, more agile and with a glint in its eyes; the other one older, slower and walks with a slight limp. Today and another day sometime back, I only saw one collie with the man. It was the younger one left.

What happened to the older one? Why was the younger one on a leash now, when the 2 dogs used to roam freely in the past?

To decipher this, we have to go back to a day before cny when I came home. It was like any other night, and I saw the older collie near the lift. It wasn't anything weird because they do hang around the lift area at times. I approached to give it a pat as it looked at me. It then dawned on me that things felt a little odd.. because I didn't see the younger collie nor its owner nearby, as they usually would. Although at times, the older collie would be left trailing behind because it couldn't move as fast. And so.. I thought that it was the same case right now.

So I headed into the lift and pressed the 'close' button. That was when the older collie tried to also come into the lift. But the door closed just before he was able to poke his nose in. At that moment, I so wished I pressed the 'open' button to wait around to see if its owner would come by. But, I didn't..........

I came back home and told my parents about the older collie. They too are familiar with these 2 dogs of our block. Thats when dad told me, one of the collie is missing. I had the shock of my life to hear that, then I began an anxious inquiry about which one and how he knew about it.. but didn't get very concrete answers. I was really worried by then... afraid that the dog I saw, was the one that had gone missing.

I decided to head back downstairs, together wtih pepper, to look around for the older collie. But as I scanned the area, I didn't see it around anymore. I truly regretted not opening the lift door to just spend some time waiting with it. All I could wish for, was that it had found its way back to its owner.

But this scene bothers me each time I see the man and his younger collie taking walks, ever since this incident. I wish I know what happened to the dog.. but yet, i'm afraid to know. If something bad happened to it, I don't think I can ever forgive myself for closing the door on that sweet dog. I truthfully just hope... that I'm thinking too much.


STORY TWO

Today, we tried things out with a new drummer, a guy, who's younger than all of us. My old band.. yeah, we've decided to go our separate ways for the better of everyone.

Things were a little unstable. He was unfamiliar with the songs but could tell that he was seriously trying hard and I give him credit for that. Quiet guy, and nice too.. he even said sorry for not playing well. But we want more than just a nice drummer.. we want one who is steady enough and committed as well.

Oh yeah, I'm trying to take on the rhythm guitar while singing too.. which is really quite tiring to keep up, especially doing fast rock numbers. But just as I was unable to play the keyboards while singing last time, I believe that it will also be the same on the guitar... it just takes time and practice.

And one more thing... sheer determination.

But now, we need the luck to find the right drummer. If it does come through, then we can consider having another guitarist.


STORY THREE

At work.. I spent my day shredding paper and fixing the damn shredding machine which is really weak. Until later in the day when I was finally called to help out in laying out cables. How happy I was, because I love to get my hands dirty (not that the paper wasn't dirty) and my butt off the chair.

So happily I went along to the studios. We were then soon on our fours and all sort of weird positions trying to pull and push cables underneath the floor boards into the adjacent rooms. It was nice to see the boss himself also rolling up his pants (leg hair.. eek), sitting on the floor like a kid, pulling cables and smiling so happily.

We kinda thought like we were catching mice under the floor boards. Sticking our hands in and looking under, talking to each other across rooms through the holes in the floors. It was fun.. I'll probably never have the chance to see a studio setup from scratch again soon.

Wished I could stay on to help when they took a break for dinner. but had to go off for jamming, so my boss had to let me off =P

And yeah, I like my boss. Quirky fellow with weird thoughts and plans in his mind. I even banged his car door on the railing when we went out for lunch haha, but its a good thing it wasn't scratched, otherwise my pay would be gone. The other bosses are nice too, just that they aren't as quirky. One of them went out to get me a new computer today and the other bought us fruits.

The people are all really fun to be with... corny and always laughing all the time. Alot like my old company, yet less tensed up. I hope this feeling lasts. But I also hope for more responsibilities to come my way.

Can I become what I wanted to become years ago when people asked me what I wanted to do in the future? I never thought that it might even be minutely possible... but its not entirely impossible too, now that I have stepped into this line.

what the future holds, I really don't know. But I'm waiting to embrace whatever comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home