Wednesday, February 08, 2006

how the tides change

its really amazing what surprises life can bring. And just last night I was telling myself.. maybe there's a reason for all these happening (or rather not happening).

today felt like a dream. from the phonecall i received this morning from Y, asking if I was interested in becoming her colleague. Instantly, I asked her if she was sure.. because previously i interviewd for a subsidiory of her company but it wasn't suitable, so I didn't get the job. But this time, its closer to the type of work I would love to do.

Even more than the stupid pr one i tried for. Why the heck did I apply for 2 pr jobs anyway? Well, I never got them.. but I managed to get this one today =). And so, here I announce that I am back into the employed world once again!

2 jobs i applied with resume and proper certs, I dressed properly, went for proper interviews, and they never fell through.

2 jobs i got to know about through recommendations..
- the 1st one only saw my resume, never looked at my certs, didn't talk to me face to face, no interview, and asked me to start work right away outside of the office. This was the job that i gave up.
- the 2nd one, never asked me for resume or certs, only got me to fill in a brief form with my particulars, asked me to write some answers in chinese, did some IQ tests (very hmm right? haha but I liked it because its a boss with a difference) after chatting with me, asked me when I could start work. This is the job I got today.

I got jobs when I was just being me. I can never get through formal situations somehow, because I always fail to be truly myself.

Today, I put my trust in Him to help me. And He helped me succeed. I know I shouldn't have doubted Him in the past.. but today before I stepped out of the house, I reminded myself of my favourite quote. "The will of God will not take you where the grace of God cannot keep you". Thank you God =). Thank you...

Also, for the very wonderful show that I am doing right now. Friday night will be a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home