Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stubborn is me

Today, I got attacked 3 ways.. being told
1) Get a proper job with medical benefits, high pay, cpf, bonus (by my dad)
2) Don't regret in future that you won't have enough money (by my bro)
3) That I'm lowering my dignity by taking such low pay (by my mum)

They tried, they really tried to talk me through it all. I know they care, I know they want the best for me. They want me to be able to support myself, and also them in due time. I want to do so as well. But there's only one thing on my mind right now...

I want to live without regrets of not living my dream.

Yes, money is important and so are savings but when an opportunity of a lifetime comes along, wouldn't you pounce on it? Dreams versus dough, I'll choose dreams at any time. When I have that credibility and experience, then can I increase the dough. Its a very silly decision to make, I know.... but I have to take this risk.

If I reach 30, and these risks take me nowhere.. then probably I'll settle in for that 'proper' job my dad would love me to do. But for now, I'm really sorry to them... that I got to stay resolved about what I love to do.

Its hard to convert anyone to understand your passions, so the only way is to prove to them through hard work.

I always have new job pre first day jitters... its not about learning the job.. its about having to meet new people and to blend in. I just want to be happy, thats all I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home