Monday, February 13, 2006

first day, first day, today.... at work =)

ok pardon the stupid title, but was quite caught up with listening to "first day" these days =P

i'm sure quite a few people are waiting for me to blog about my first day at work because I've got the same question asked to me many times today already. "How's your first day at work?" These include my ex-manager (who for the first time msged me on msn!) and my new boss who sms-ed me from overseas (it was sweet of him to do so but it also made me feel that I shouldn't skive haha).

So, how are things? In a short summary, its alot to learn, new faces and names to remember, new culture to be part of, and most of all.... refreshing.

For the first time in my life, I'm placed in an all chinese working environment. its a big change, but i'm still able to manage because of all the chinese i've been using all the time because of our dear md. but its going to take me a bit of adjusting to be using my chinese name more than my english name for the sake of making things easy for our overseas counterparts. the last time when everyone called me by my chinese name, was in primary school =_=

didn't have alot to do today, but tried my best to get familiar with things but looking through documents and trying to find out the industry lingo that i've always seen around but never really bothered to find out what they all mean.

the office, its real convenient for me now to get to, but won't be after next week, because we're gonna be shifting office.. well, to somewhere not too far from where we are now. so at the moment, the office is full of boxes, things are messy and i don't really have my own seat. bunking in at my friend's seat now, but hopefully i get my own place at the new office. we'll be moving on sunday, hope i get to go help out because it'll be a good chance for me to gel with the rest of them better.

couldn't help thinking of my old company and excolleagues today too.. miss them, but then i don't regret leaving. if i never left, i wouldn't have found this opportunity to be where i am right now. the industry is small as it is, i know that i'm lucky to have found my way in.

looking forward to actually getting more work to do, so that i can understand the processes better. don't want to disappoint my new boss too when he comes back next week. at least for now, i haven't heard people grumbling about the bosses yet (unlike my previous company)... so lets hope i can stay on for a long period here =)

2 Comments:

At 12:21 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, 'first day' is VERY infectious!

good luck on your new job! :)

 
At 11:27 am , Blogger Florence said...

3Q!

i hope i'll stay long in this job too =).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home