Monday, December 26, 2005

just about 5 days more...

And i'll be leaving that place. its 2 different feelings overwhelming me.

I've never had such fun colleagues who I can grow so close to in such a short time. I miss the ones who already left, and I'll start to miss those I'll be leaving as well. Maybe its just the nature of our job that we go through so much, rain and shine, rubbish and injustice yet at the same time, laughter and joy.

I never had so much fun in any job before. This I have to admit.

The first one which I did with Sc, S, J and C was truly the best and most memorable for me. Plus also that chance to meet so many bands and watch them grow. It couldn't have been better. And there simply hasn't been another show like that, ever since then.

But I guess, while there are some who make me real happy to be there.. there are the other factors and 'leaders' there who make it unmotivating to work on. Just like I told her in my long emails. I'm a simple person.. I don't ask for lots of money, I just like to be appreciated for what I do. The one thing I hate most, is when people doubt my seriousness and dedication towards work (because they think they are superior and like to throw their weight around). So if anyone feels I can't do my role well, its not respecting what I do, so fine.. I'll just step out.

What I'll miss:
Going to work at 10am (good because its later than any regular job)
Munching and laughing around in the office (including throwing paper balls at A)
Giving all the guys in our company nicknames
Rushing from meeting to meeting without eating and feeling sick in the taxis (its an adrenalin rush)
meeting the multifaceted and interesting bunch of people at each show
ahlian for always being so friendly and nice to me
the mice scrambling in the ceiling boards above us and occasionally coming down to visit us
the challenge of running things 'live'

What I won't miss:
paying for the exorbitant amount of taxi fares
worrying about how to fill up time when GOHs arrive late
people shouting in my face with their smelly mouths
people thinking i'm playing instead of working (ultimate insult)
people who think they are the kings/queens
backstabbing and banging of tables
the lack of thank yous from the most important person in the company

still not very keen on the last show on sat.. but i'll just do it anyway. And I'll be off to hk and to the next chapter of my life.

My bro said, go to hk, find a job there.. don't come back. How I wish...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home