Monday, May 02, 2005

High High High

The anticipation and excitement continued~~

Mayday at their best...
Out came Ashin dressed in a white suit, singing a ballad version of 'feng kuang shi jie'.. the instant he walked past us at the barricade, I thought to myself "wa, he looks so big". I mean, you know after so long of just watching mayday all fit into my tv screen, then suddenly seeing the full body pple.. well, i think most of you will know what i mean ;)

Soon after, Monster, Masa, Stone and Ming made their appearance too and yup, my reaction was still the same haha..
And as they made their way to the stage, most of us had already by then found our way onto chairs.. my friend and I made it onto the front row chairs. But since the chairs were so 'bouncy' and 'cushy', we had to balance on 2 for a better standing stance hehe.

Anyhow, the view was excellent! It was practically level with the stage and seeing eye to eye with Mayday. I loved it and as mayday played, I let myself go totally, to enjoy myself (something I have never been able to do at other concerts).

The times when Stone would just stand in front of us, totally lost in playing his guitar were great.
The time when Ashin sat on the stairs in front of us singing wen rou, was memorable.
The time when Ming started to sing Yong Bao was amusing :P
The time when we heard them sing Twist and Shout was exhiliarating.
And the times when Ashin tried to make us all sit down, it was like playing musical chairs, grabbing a seat wherever we can since its temporary anyway haha.

What made it more special for me that day was, yes I would like to say again, my good seat next to mayday's exit/entrance aisle. Of course, each time when they went out for a costume change, everyone would jump off their chairs into positions alongside the barricades, and when mayday came back out again to the stage, we would automatically find our way back to the right seats we were standing on (it was as though everything was programmed nicely and everyone worked in the same way.. amusing too I must say haha)

That night, was just filled with lots of laughter, lots of fun, lots of singing... and definitely the best memories of my life as a Mayday fan...

The show has ended...
My throat was hoarse, my ears felt as though someone had stuffed cotton wool into them, and I was very very thristy and my legs were weak from the chair stance. My friend and I sat down to take in the whole atmosphere.. I didn't want to leave. I really didn't want to leave yet.. I just couldn't believe that it was already over.

The streamers were on the ground.. pple were leaving and there was just the empty stage in front of me.
But I smiled to myself, glad that I had stepped out of that cozy arm chair to attend this concert.

I decided to sms boh, if I remember correctly, and asked if he and trenix were still around... but truly shocked to learn that they had already made it onto the MRT haha. But we all agreed to meet on IRC later on.

Back in #mayday...
Tired but once again excited about the autograph session the next day, I rushed into IRC.

We made arrangments to meet up the next day at plaza singapura. And learning that trenix and boh liked Stone and Monster respectively, I agreed to give them the individual posters I had purchased through the rshh album presale. (I think at that time, they couldn't really believe I would give it to them, until the next day haha).

I agreed to meet trenix the next day at 11am at the entrance of Plaza Singapura.

And that night before I went to bed, I marked on my light stick, "Mayday farewell concert 2001". That became the first lightstick that I would ever keep and become my own tradition from then on...

Yup, you guessed it! To be continued...

1 Comments:

At 5:20 pm , Blogger Noritaka said...

Ya... gone with a friend & thou i left rite after the concert,i was smiling all the way home & then when i touched my bed,looked at their poster on the wall back then,i started crying... tears of happiness & also super touched de...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home