Sunday, May 01, 2005

Expo Hall 5

Each time I pass by this hall at the expo, I feel as though I not only have xray vision to look inside, but also a time machine to transpot myself back to 2001 again.. at that time of mayday's farewell concert.

I didn't know any of the Mayday fans I know now but the memory of that concert is so long lasting.. and it remains till now, the best Mayday concert that I have ever been to and ever experienced.

Just for the record, it was my very first Mayday concert ever, after I was disappointed abt not being able to go taiwan because of my disapproving parents.


It was 2001...
It was like any other regular day and I had just come back home when my dad quickly handed me a newpaper full page ad that read "Mayday Farewell Concert 2001", and it dawned on me almost immediately that yes, Mayday was about to hold a concert right here in Singapore!

Although I was always an arm chair supporter plus alot of crazy attempts to record of all their programs and follow up with their news on my own, as a lonely Mayday fan, I just didn't want to stay put in my arm chair anymore, I had to get my butt up and go buy a ticket to the show!

But the problem was, I didn't know any other Mayday fan like me.
It didn't really bother me though, I rushed straight out the next morning to Century Square (with my very sweet mum who accompanied me to reach there by 9am when the sales open) to buy 2 tickets. One for myself, the other.. I really didn't know who to give it to yet (I was even willing to pay for someone to just accompany me there haha).

Fortunately, I got my friend, who did listen to Mayday but not as crazed as me, to go along and was willing to pay for her own tix. I thank her so much for doing this for me and taking so many nice photos too!! :)


The day before the concert...
I was dying to look for other Mayday fans to talk to.. and that was the day I found my way into IRC's #mayday chatroom. It was there that I met trenix, boh, doudou, fizzy and many others who were also crammed in there, just to find others who would attend the concert together with them.

I significantly remember boh and trenix hunting down people to queue with them in their standing section.
All the rest of us were trying to 'acknowledge' others in the same area as ourselves, or maybe in neighbouring seats by announcing out of ticket seats.

"Who's in A1? Who's in A2?..." It was such a bustling place that day. And I loved it.. simply loved it! Because I was finally admist a bunch of true mayday fans :)

To be continued...

1 Comments:

At 10:28 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah~ it's a place full of memories.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home