Friday, March 24, 2006

A whole meal of fish

We went out for a company 'excursion' today.. At 7pm, we turned off all our computers, and headed out in 3 cars plus a cab to make our way to a far away Japanese restaurant. In we went.. into a private room with a super long table, that could fit all 19 of us. I was famished from not having lunch earlier on (was caught up in meetings).. so I was truly hungry.

But well.. we couldn't eat yet, because there was a brief speech, followed by a prize presentation (it really felt like jing qu jiang haha...) and then lots of phototaking, before we could get down to eating. What were the prizes? For us who've only been there a few months.. we got a 512mb thumbdrive =), those who've worked longer got an ipod nano, a ipod video 30gig.. while the special achievement prize for those of 10 years and above.. got an ipod video of 60gig. Not bad I must say... definitely great motivation to work. hahah.. how about a powerbook next year when more investments come in =P

When we set out on eating at last.. I started on my favourite sashimi, which was just right in front of me. But soon became tired of it, because it was basically what I was eating the whole time, other than the many other types of fish that came along (too many types of fish... fried fish, snow fish, raw fish sushi, raw fish handroll... *gulp*... basically one year's supply of fish). I left the cooked stuff to my colleagues who didn't dare to eat the raw stuff nor fish... and so I had a great diet of fish today. More iron than I'll need in a week haha. For now, I think.... I'll stay away from fish for tomorrow.


The plate shows what was left (times another 3 plates that were spread across the long table), after my feeble attempt at trying to clear up one plate on my own.

My very corny boss suggested we tried to 'da bao', but of course being a buffet, we all knew it wasn't possible. We should have been glad we weren't fined for wasting food. But.. he still had to try it anyway.. and out he went with the excuse that we would like to use it to feed our cats at home.

Of course, he failed miserably.. only to tell us that the waitress wanted to keep it instead to feed her dogs. hahha... he got beaten by another person's corniness... that was ultimate.

But he did succeed though, in getting all of us a free handphone accessory each when initially only one of my bosses got it because he paid the bill. Not bad.. from 1 handphone accessory, it multiplied to 19. Just have to take my hat off to him =P

We didn't go bowling or play pool in the end, coz most of us were stoned by the end of the dinner, and some of them wanted to go back to the office to continue working. But it was still a fun dinner nonetheless... would be looking forward to the next one half a year later =)

2 Comments:

At 7:45 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a 15inch Macbook Pro with 2gig of Ram and 120g hdd space will be nice!

 
At 7:34 pm , Blogger Florence said...

yeah.. maybe in 20 years time? hahah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home