Saturday, February 25, 2006

A slow start

There hasn't been alot for me to do since I started working, because renovations are still going on. I kinda like it easy going, yet I somehow wish it can be busy like how it was in my previous company (rushing here and there, in and out of the office). I believe things will pick up eventually, otherwise why would they even bother hiring me?

But, some interesting things did happen among the mundane =)

2 days ago, I was handed a printed email to handle some matters, and as I read through it and reached the end of the page... it was signed off by a very familiar name starting with the letter P. Curious, I looked towards the email and it was truly just as I expected... a company name that I couldn't have ever been more than familiar with.

Who was to know that when she called the next day, I would pick up the phone to speak to her. If only she knows who I am hahah... but I shall remain a mystery for the time being. I knew we would cross paths one day and this is only the beginning.

And if you didn't know, shredding old company documents can be a very informative learning experience, especially if you look at what you are holding before you shred it! They certainly have tons of history in those files, that are finally to be thrown away. But in the process, I've seen the projects they've handled in the past (many familiar to me from childhood), the people they've worked with in the past (even my previous company.. heh heh) and even a CV from a friend of mine to the company 7 years ago!

Yesterday, just to escape from all the paper shredding for a while, I went off with my colleague to play the piano.. (more of watching him play the piano, because I totally suck compared to him). And he played me his new composition, which really impressed me.

It later inspired me to pick up on my song writing, which I did when I came home, and now I do have a new song! but yj, I'm depending on you for the lyrics =P. Its made me quite resolved that I should keep up on composing, whether or not the song is good, or whether or not I can fill in lyrics myself, and whether or not yj can keep up with the lyrics filling hahah. I shall just keep on writing...

There'll be a project coming up if things fall through with the guy who was planned to release his stuff in april. Then, there will definitely be more exciting things to do and observe for me. I want to be busy.. I want to feel like I can contribute more to the company.

But I'm already pretty happy now for all the nice and funny people working around me =)

oh yeah, all the bosses are away... next week will be fun heh heh heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home