Tuesday, February 28, 2006

get this!

I mean we all know that the prices of food ranges from place to place, just as any item on sale. And in particular, food from any convenience store always costs more than it does from a supermarket.

Due to my obsession with twisties, this is what I have observed....
a sudden inflation (pretty exaggerating..) of prices at various places.

The best place to buy twisties is of course at NTUC where it simply costs $1 (and if you didn't know, they do taste crispier too haha).

Then there's the mamashop at the mrt station, which charges $1.20 per packet. Well, still not too bad...

A packet of twisties placed in a convenience store seems to have elavated status as compared to its compatriot placed in a supermarket. Because it costs $1.55 at the 7-11 near my house. Buying 2 packets from here, means I could get 3 packets from NTUC! and have 10cents left over.

As if that isn't expensive enough... the winner of all inflations is.... (*drumroll*) the 7-11 at the mrt station!! Guess how much??

A whopping $1.80. Yes, just add 20 cents and I can get 2 packets from NTUC. It certainly killed my temptation for twisties when I saw the price. (But probably good for me, coz it keeps me from snacking haha).

Well, the whole point of this, isn't truly about twisties. but as they say, Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)... know what you are buying and what you are being charged for. Yes, even if its just a mundane packet of junk food.

Very soon, there'll be an increase in the price of coffee. So will everyone turn to coke instead?

1 Comments:

At 6:28 am , Blogger Florence said...

i don't compare prices of other things.... hahah

but then... we all have to become aunties eventually dont' we? (joins in the cackling...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home