Thursday, December 29, 2005

Generation gap?

Is it because of a 10 year difference in age? Or simply a case of bad english, and even bad singlish.

I mean, at least spell things as they should be spelled.

Its with the advent of the internet that spelling started to get a little more screwed up. Sure, there was short form and abbreviations, but its starting to get a little weird with words just missing an alphabet in each. Does it make it harder to type an extra alphabet?

Is it cool? Or is it in to type that way?

Is this the new generation-speak?

Its quite scary.. makes you wonder if they still know how to spell things properly in daily life. I'm not even gonna go into grammar and phrasing..

Just looking at the new generation type, gives me heart attacks. Maybe I'm old.. I hope its that way. If not I believe our country will be in trouble as each new generation takes over.

Trying to close my eyes at the excitment going on right now and trying not to feel embarrassed by the fact that young singaporeans can't use proper english, as our government would like to claim. Its pretty worrying really.

I hope they get bored soon =P, I really do. My heart can only take it for a certain period of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home