Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Joo Chiat Adventures

I work at Joo Chiat.. pardon me, I don't work IN Joo Chiat.

What's the difference? Of course, the difference is great. hahha.. I go there in tshirt and jeans and sneakers, definitely not compliant with the latest and hotest of Joo Chiat fashion.

Last month, it was in to wear a top which reveals half the front of your boobs.. so you've really gotta pack everything tightly to emphasize the features you know ;)

This month, what hot? Wear a jacket that covers up your little ultra mini mini skirt (at least I think there is).. and appear as though you are not wearing anything but the jacket.

Hot stuff huh? I get to see this almost each time I get off work haha. But then.. I must say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. If you think that they look hot, they I guess they must be... at least to the hoards of ah peks sitting around at the coffeeshops there haha.

My stake on this is... beautiful from far but far from beautiful =P

One thing's for sure, they are definitely not stingy when it comes to the element of flesh hahaha.

I try not to leave the studio too late because of this, although quite a lot of activity takes place even as early as 6plus in the evening. That's when the blaring of chinese oldies come through our windows from the coffeeshop downstairs. And that's when I know that things are heating up.

Leave late and I risk the not-so-innocent smiles of the ah peks with the tiger beers with the tables of girls with their dyed hairs and minimal-clothed apparels.

Today, as I was having my dinner at a hawker centre 2 streets away from Joo Chiat, I sat next to a table with an ah pek (A) and a long haired girl (probably in her early 30s) dressed in a spaghetti strapped dress. They sat next to each other and had their meal. The interesting part came after.

Which was what made me notice them more.. heh heh...

Coz the girl lifted up her hair to wipe the pespiration off her back (revealing more flesh!), the ah pek (B) sitting at the same table as me turned to look at her.. and from then on he was consistently turning once in a while to observe her and ahpek A she was with, while very skillfully managing to eat his wanton noodles as well.

Anyway, after their meal, ahpek A and the girl began to chit chat... and soon the girl put her hands on his thigh.. (nothing RA ok? don't think too much, its a crowded hawker centre haha) while talking to him. Ahpek B at my table of course turned to look again (probably envious hahahaha). Ahpek A was smiling quite happily.

That made me think.. it might just be true that old men sometimes just want company or somebody to talk to and not what we always think them to be... se bei beis. Or am I just deluding myself??

oh yeah, i forgot one more thing... its also interesting to walk past hotel 81 haha.. watching the young couples walk in and out of it.

Joo Chiat.. its a great place to work AT. beats working at shenton way hands down haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home