Thursday, May 12, 2005

Happiness

Its easy to be happy.

You don't have to become a successful person, earn a high salary, achieve your dreams, win awards, be famous or whatever you may deem as highly important in your life in order to be happy. All these are just ends that we would like to reach, but if we lose our happiness in order to achieve them, then we are better off without such 'ends'.

Like I told him, I don't want to die today knowing I had a fight with him yesterday.
We never ever know when our lives will come to an end,
So why not live each day to the fullest?
Why not make each day a happy one?

At least if we have to leave this world suddenly, it will be without regret or sadness.

It is easy to be happy..
it is simply a matter of how you see the world, how you see the people around you and how you see yourself in relation to all these other things. As Dale Carnegie puts it....

"happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think"

Similarly, "A man's as miserable as he thinks he is" - Seneca

It is always the power of the mind, over all else.

In case you are wondering I'm unhappy or something? No.. hehe.. coz I've already learnt this quite some time ago. I've been pretty happy everyday since a certain realisation came about.. and it helps that I've been surrounded by many happy people too.

I've got my own fair share of worries and troubles and naggings and frustrations too.. but I still would much rather be a happy person finding a solution through it all.

"Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy" - Cynthia Nelms

How true is this? No one likes unhappy people.
At the end of the day, "If you want to be happy, be" - Leo Tolstoy

And the best quote I found...
"For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness." - Author Unknown

If you want to be happy, you can be. Start by making others around you happy, and when you see them smile, you will smile too :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home