Wednesday, April 20, 2005

What if?

Somebody sort of posed this question to me today.

What if Mayday decided to leave the music industry?

I always believed that nothing lasts forever and "我永遠支持你"... that 永遠' is not realistically possible, much as we would like to romantically believe it is.

Nothing is truly forever, so to speak.

I really thought hard about this question... and I tried to imagine the one day that they may announce the inevitable.

I would be sad, of course, who wouldn't be? But I know I wouldn't cry because for such passionate music makers to come to such a decision, would mean that they have found a better direction for themselves and their own lives.

I won't be used to the fact that they wont' appear on news and tv as often anymore, but I'll get accustomed because I believe that they will continue to release their music independently somehow or another.

So, they won't come to Singapore anymore too?
I'm actually quite alright with that... because I can turn back to look at all the beautiful memories of the past. And I know, being the wonderful pple that they are, they will never ever forget all of us, their fans, each and every one, in their own special ways.

Its something I believe because if you love music that much, you won't be able to just stop creating music like that.

If they ever wanted to leave, it would be to leave the gossips & rumours.. to leave the publicity stincts and tiring entertaining that they have to do... to leave the scrutiny of everyone's prying eyes wherever they go... to leave having to answer questions about their personal lives that they wish to keep private.

In short, its something they probably wanted all along... privacy and freedom.
I'm already thankful to them for losing their privacy and freedom for us, the fans.. to make such a difference in my life.. for me to get to know him and the bunch of crazy siao char bors... for me to give up a metal ricebowl for a clay one but never losing hope of my own dreams. Yes, I am already very thankful for that.

So, ask yourself, what if Mayday had to leave this commercial industry someday?

Would you be crying to have them back or happy for them and wishing them all the best in their new found direction?

5 Comments:

At 12:02 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

after mayday left s'pore bout 1 week plus ago.... tis question pops up in my mind oso... i was thinkin... wat if dey are gone? really gone? as i ponder & ponder, i can feel the sadness in my heart...... bUt.. my conclusion is... i will be happy for them bcos i believe too dat they will continue to do wat they like to do! :) perhaps someday, i may bump into them in s'pore or some other countries, performin on the streets or on a truck :)

 
At 3:23 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm this qn was on my mind when i watched their recording in kawaguchiko studio ...sighz ...i would be totally blank but at the end of the day i would be happy for them. though i know very well i am going to miss their music, their laughters, their sincerity in music and towards people, their passion etc , we still have the memories of those which i mentioned which are good enough.

sobz no more ashin but i will be happy if one day the news announce that he is going to marry dandan infact hahaha i have already thought of what to give to them as wedding gifts hehehe

 
At 4:17 am , Blogger cRy0L|tE^ said...

i think i'll be vvv sad.. v diff to imagine life w/o them. i've been thinking abt this lately also.. sometimes i feel tt e more im afraid tt this will happen, it will still happen eventually. so i guess now juz listen to them, enjoy when we can.

anyway, i'll still feel happy for them.. cos they will still be doing wat they like even if they leave e industry already. but dun think they'll give up music so easily.. we've seen their zhi zhuo in music.. juz like kit chan.. although she has left e music industry, she's still participating in musicals... so i guess since music is and will alwaz be (i believe) their passion, they will nt truly be gone.

 
At 9:42 am , Blogger Noritaka said...

To be frank,Mayday influenced outlooks on my life,family ties & career a lot all these yrs.... & I really dun dare think where i'd be without them... still a timid fella gog by parents' wishes & society's norms all the way,be it the rite paths for me or not... But as much as they've given me happiness,i'd also like them to find back tt true happiness in life.... As long as they're happy,even if i dun get to c them anymore,i'll be very happy for them too :)

 
At 12:14 pm , Blogger Florence said...

I guess, we all just know that somehow, all good things come to an end eventually. Even if its not soon, it will come someday.

But like I said, I truly believe that mayday may choose to give up this way of life now, but they will never give up on making music.

And yup, probably the one thing that I'll miss most, would be their live performances.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home