Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Chasing the deadline

Now we've got a week more to the competition deadline thanks to the extension.

First, hx surprises me by suddenly telling me she wants to try to take part in this competition and throwing me a tune she and her friend, yj came up with over the night at causewaypoint. And at that time, it was less than a week to the deadline, which was.. supposed to be today.

As of yesterday, we already had all the lyrics done, the tune more or less confirmed, with 2 verses, 2 choruses and an attempted bridge. The only problem was we wanted a bridge.. but somehow, the bridge didn't fit in very well after I pieced it together and listened repeatedly.

As of today afternoon, we finally decided to scrape it haha.. after a number of days of pondering over that hope-to-have bridge.

So right now.. I'm thinking.. how about the arrangment? And how to get it recorded? Of course ideally i can get it recorded at the studio, but then feel paiseh using their studio time for free =P.. so I'm trying hard to solve the noise problem in my mbox which goes and comes back once in a while. Don't have the best mic, but at least its still better than recording with a voice recorder.

Our next target.. will be sun. Hopefully that day, we can get it recorded nicely and presentable enough :)

I think I sound kan cheong or something that both hx and yj keep telling me not to be stressed hahaha. Guess thats the way I am.. whenever its got to do with something that is important to me.

But I think whatever it is, we shall try for the competition. No matter how it turns out, at least its been a great learning experience so far... and it will be the first song our half-a-band has completed too.

Still looking for a bassist and maybe a drummer. Anyone? haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home