Monday, February 21, 2005

zzzZZZZzzzzZZZ

What did I do today? I went to school, drank a can of redbull, sat in class, and began my nap. hahahah... what was the redbull for? I have no idea...

There I was just 3 rows away from my lecturer in a class of sparsely spaced out students, in full view to the lecturer, dozing and awaking and dozing and awaking, fighting real hard to stay alert. But towards the end of the lesson, I didn't have much control anymore, I think I really slept... and at times, there seemed to be in the distant, my lecturer saying the words 'fell asleep' twice as part of his story(wonder if it was on purpose hahaha), which made me sit up for a while, but, yup... only for that while :P

Why did I go to class for anyway? To show my stupid sleepy face haha otherwise he might refuse to give me the legal exam paper on wed.

What a boring blog.....

but hey! don't fall asleep yet! here's something exciting, as I came back on the MRT headed towards pasir ris, it suddenly appeared very hazy, thought it might be because of some forest fires in indonesia (since pasir ris is at the east of singapore) but it wasn't. it was not just haze but moving smoke... could even smell it in the mrt. And as kaypoh as everyone was on the train, I looked around and saw smoke coming out from a forested area. Instantly I thought, bush fire... must be serious.

Know what the best part of this story is? As the train passed by that forested area to an open clearing, I saw a bunch of guys playing soccer in the field, as though a fire next to them never existed ||| (x infinity).

I mean, this is the general mentality of Singaporeans isn't it? Fire next to me, no big deal, will be put out soon, at most the trees just get burnt down. I believe each and everyone of you have experienced fire alarms going off in department stores or in school sometimes and what goes through everyone's minds would be 'stupid alarm, so noisy, go off for nothing', then we just sit there and continue with our business, hoping to ride out the noisiness after a while.

If there ever was a real fire, we definitely deserve to be burnt. Don't blame the alarm, it did its job.

But then I'm guilty of such passive behaviour myself hahaha.

Think its gotta do with the environment we've been so used to, free from disasters (man made or natural) that we take safety for granted. If not, the garmen will take care of it! In short, we have all developed in us the bad-things-don't-happen-to-me mentality. A dangerous mentality if one day, bad things do happen to us.

Choy!

1 Comments:

At 4:59 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya....Sometimes me also de lor... Find it no big deal whenever the fire alarm in tt CC opp my place goes off (but then tt's really an idiotic 1,goes off almost 2-3 nights a week....),juz only know to blame "those xian zhe mei shi zuo de pranksters"... But after the recent Tsunami,now seriously wondering how we would have reacted if we had been the affected 1s.... All be washed out? Hmm.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home