Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Its time to move on

ahh, my long neglected blog. been wanting to blog but didn't have that mental energy to do so.
What have I been up to all this time?

Well, apart from the usual CNY visiting that was made more arduous by the intense heat of last week, I've been helping SH at his father's shop too, acting as a coolie =P. Doesn't help with the heat and the dust. But learnt a few discoveries the couple of times I was talking to his parents.. that this once 'shao dong' (young master, but no longer hahaha), never ate from hawker centres but only in air-conditioned restaurants, including 5-star ones... used to snip off monster cables together with his brother, just for the fun of it. If you know monster cables, you'll know that snipping it off "just for fun" is the ultimate decadence and terribly sinful to people who value monster cables hehe. To put it another way.......Its like cutting up a levis jacket or an adidas bag >_<.

I think..... I have 'bao' enough 'liao' for now hahahahaha. Want more inside info? ask me privately hahah.

Ok, I've also gone back to school once again. Didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought it would be... baddie seems to be better this time, less sacarstic, or maybe my own perceptions have changed too, or maybe its just that this batch of students just made him less pissed off haha. Whatever it is, at least things have gotten better and I can be one more step closer to the end of this degree... even though there are still alot of important things to be done.

One thing though, I miss my classmates.. who already seemed to have disppeared ever since we completed the diploma.

I missed the days where we all would go for class then go for roti prata breaks.

I missed the days where we would book studio sessions together and even overnight ones where we would do work for the beginning of the night then go for supper at geylang and come back to stone and have fun.

I missed the time too when we boldly converted our studio into the ultimate karaoke room, only to end up being banned from the studio for one week (we weren't banned because we were singing karaoke... but because the studio was messy.....duhh, studios are messy most of the time, if you are really doing work in them =_=). But thanks to the ban, it made everything even more memorable hehe.

I miss the times too of lugging my keyboard countless times back to school to record for Chris' song. Just to record that 'yong qi' took us really a lot of 'qi' literally to get it done right.

I also miss the afternoons where we would slip into the studios to try to play the drums and get ryan to teach us some techniques and even when sky would bring his guitar along and they would do a mini jam.

And then, I miss that session of recording with 3 of the wackiest guys i've even known, with a brilliant song that took us just one day to record without a break and without eating, until the very end, when they ordered a pizza which I didn't eat. Why do I say these guys are wacky? Other than the fact that they rattled on in japanese then laughed and laughed, that I didn't understand, they were busy amusing themselves with the keyboard stand, treating them as if they were stilts. The wackiness did make it all more fun though ^_^

That... was when I thought how my life should be... encircled by music, being able to create music and be with a bunch of people who could aid me in doing so. But when the diploma ended, all these seemed to have just dissolved away.. I became disillusioned.

Ryan went back to m'sia even after we agreed that we would form a band together.. a couple of the rest didn't continue with the degree... and the rest who did, never turned up for lessons oftened. Everything just became very different.... including the evil lecturer who was totally unlike our wonderful diploma lecturers who were very close to each and every one of us.

I'll have to admit, that threw me off balance for quite a while. But now I'm trying.... trying to get through the rest of this road, even if I will be alone. I was alone when I stepped into this direction anyway. Maybe one day, fate will finally arrange for me to meet the right people to carry on this musical journey with me.. this is the band that I have always dreamt of but never came close to before. But even if this dream was never meant to be, I know I'll always have those memories of the diploma days to fall back on. At least, once in my life, I have finally gone to experience what I could only dream of in the past.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know wat u mean by the boring degree lecture. I tink u r in my degree class... but i haf missed skool for the past 2 weeks. I noe he is touching on legal issues.. i cant bring myself to go for his class.. he is so damm.. arghh! Oh btw.. fan of mayday here.. juz in case u wondering who i am. Happen to surf thru my friendster account and saw ur blog.. dun mean to intrude.. hehehe if we are really in the same class .. great.. haha u attending the BARA1004x1 class izzit?? hope to see u in class.. hehe one more classmate to motivate each other to go for class.

 
At 9:00 am , Blogger Florence said...

I know who you are! hahah.. didn't know same class. Yup see you... wed, getting the legal exam paper, i'm sure everyone will be there. I skipped sch yday haha :X

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home