Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mainstream... what's that?

Yesterday, I finally experienced what its like to sing with a live band. Not to a minus-one VCD and not to just an organ or a piano, and not to a recorded band either. It was exciting because I've always wanted to sing to a live band but in the end, it wasn't a very high feeling.... sadly.. coz for one, the song wasn't very high, and the bassist seemed to have a very black face all the while, and the audience weren't very courteous while I was singing because they and their friends have already finished singing.. I was the last up, not to mention 撞歌 (!!!)

I actually chose 葉子 because I was asked to select a more主流song after my so called 另類songs like 靜止and 我給的愛we rejected because people won't dedicate these songs at 民歌餐廳 (!!!). Well, I would :P. The best part was when I got there, I realised somebody would be singing the same song, so I wanted to change to "Fly Away" but they didn't know how to play the song (!!!). So I just gave up and went ahead anyway. But who would like listening to a slow song twice... so that was my fate, a noisy audience. Whats more, they were only there to really support their friends. I didn't care, I just sang.

I actually contemplated whether I should go yesterday because each time I go for an audition there, I had to pay the 'entrance' fee, for sitting in there plus a drink. It wasn't cheap and it was only right to pay for whoever accompanied me there as well, not a very good thing for me at a time when my bank account has reached an all time low. But I just wanted to go challenge myself.... if I do get in, at least I can earn some money too.

The only thing I really hope, is that all these were not just gimmicks to draw customers into their restaurant. If it were, then I would be such a fool, having lost my senses to my own love for singing. I should just open my own restaurant haha or find myself a real band!

We stayed on to listen to their own singers perform. We picked 溫柔and 浪人情歌, waited and waited, but our songs weren't chosen to be sung, so we just left. Interestingly, someone dedicated 燕尾蝶which I just knew they wouldn't sing, and they proved me right :P. Well, so much for 主流!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home