Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Oops I did it again!

I know I'm a bad kid. I don't look bad, but trust me, I am.

Today I had a free meal, a free sushi meal.. that of course was legal (its true!), given the food voucher that we had. But I had to pay nothing despite the meal costing over the voucher's amount :P. The weird auntie with the 2 ponytails forgot to count in our extra order... so we had a curry oyako don on the house! Serious I didn't realise it until I walked out of the restaurant. We both wondered why we tallyed the total amount wrongly on our own earlier on and thought we had to pay the balance amount hahah. Of course, when we didn't have to, we walked away quickly at that instant of realisation!

This then made me remember the time when I cheated (hmm, cheat is a little harsh...) a particular restaurant that I now don't go to anymore, of a cheesecake. Once again, we just didn't mean to. The waiter just forgot to add it into the tab. That time too, we just walked away as quick as we could hehe.

I somehow think that there's a deviant child in every one of us. The excitement and pulsating fear of doing something wrong without other's realising and it seems to be alright because it was not done on purpose. It was something that happened out of the other person's mistake. Maybe thats why some people just steal for the thrill of stealing.

This is not the end of it of course. There was the time when I went to karaoke with another 3 friends and we only had to pay for 2 pple because of the waiter's mistake in billing. Or the time when a certain refund of a cd and then buying it back as on open copy saved me 90cts, thanks to some friends of mine haha.

All these boil down to dishonesty in a way. Its a bad thing to do but there is a thrill in it. I think it lives deep in everyone of us. We just have to think hard into our lives to realise how we are guilty of such little actions ourselves, usually as a result of other pple's mistakes.

It is human to seek the excitment of doing harmless wrong, as much as it is human to make mistakes.

Hmm, so I guess I do deserve the retribution of having to pay an extra 16.90 or 18.90 for a singapore version of Mayday's album... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home