Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happiness

No, this ain't gonna be some frivolous blog on the sweet things in life or on things that I want to buy, nor about cute objects that just make me happy...

But IT IS going to be a frivolous blog on the few things that make me happy with myself and what gives me the already very limited confidence that I have.... hahah

Funny how these days my blog entries are always so reflective and about me trying to be happy. Because, yes! Its just what I want to be, happy.

And I'm so glad how the tides are changing for him as well. We'll soon be in more closely related industries next year ^__^. Congrats!

In my life, I've met people who have changed my outlook of life, my personality and taught me so much. These are those whom I will never ever forget

My parents for giving me a chance to travel all my life, to see the world and realise that we do not just live in a well.

My mum especially for always helping me keep secrets from my dad haha.. and for always believing that her daughter is the best. And for giving me a voice that I love... because being able to sing, is what makes me feel alive. And being able to sing, gives me a life without regrets.

Jessie for being there for almost 15 years of my life, through psle all the way till I graduated from uni. And for teaching me what loyalty really meant and how to stand tall even in the face of death.

My porcelain painting teacher.. I'm sorry I can't remember your name, for showing me I have artistic abilities hehe and most importantly, bringing me to a hospice at the age of 14, to see the undying hopes and passion of the patients who never failed to believe in being happy nor their own abilities to create art, despite their limited time on this earth.

My piano teacher, Miss Tan, whom i'm sorry I gave up learning after only 3 years, but gave me the grounding I have now. Someone who had athritic pain in her fingers but never failed as a piano teacher.

Lofty, my theatre teacher who was the only one in my life to positively tell me that I have stage presence and gave me the confidence to stand on stage. Its the reason why I love the stage, whether I'm on it or behind it. He made me from an introvert to less-of-an-introvert haha.

Ahroar, for being a good friend to me all these years, all the way from primary school. The one who always has nice and encouraging words for me. The one whom I love singing with, the most.

MD for coming into my life and showing me the direction I've always failed to see. For giving me that strength to believe that dreams can come true if you dare to try and work hard enough. You guys have been the best role models and still are.

And of course, the notorious 'Ah Beng' (he's not really and ah beng.. just that his name has a 'beng' in it heh) for being such a wonderful sociologist that it made me leave your class (in a positive way) to go in search of my life's purpose. Don't get me wrong, I love sociology, even till now ^_^

The few people I met in my life, who came back to tell me that I've actually inspired them to go work towards what they wanted. I never realised I had that power to inspire anyone, but you guys inspired me in return too to keep going!

Ah jack for pulling me into the industry, yvon for showing me the way through it and pulling me into my current job, uncle Z for teaching me so much and most importantly, B for giving me this chance. I hope I live up to your very very high expectations.

And then... how can I forget him ^_^ for being at my side for the most tribulant 5 years of my life. I'm sure its been the most tribulant 5 years of his life too. There have been more downs than ups but hopefully all the struggle has been worth it... and its really great now to see the different fruits of our labour.

For being the 2 very weird people that we are.
For being 2 people who just love to dream.
For being 2 people who love nothing more than to eat and chat and eat and chat.
For believing that doing what our hearts desire, is more important than money itself, even though we are so poor..
For being so like-minded in our goals

To my best friend, be happy and learn to love the things around you and once again, may your new job be a good new beginning ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home