Saturday, October 21, 2006

rollercoaster ride

Yesterday, was a day full of ups and downs... a day of both tears and laughter

And it all happened at work, where I never stepped out from the office from 10am till 230am.
What a day...
What a day to remember...

It was the day where i shot back in a not so nice email, finally blarring out whatever I had inside me and then I cried in front of him. Not that I wanted to, but it just flowed out.

Maybe it helped, coz he was nice to me after that, reassuring me alot of things but of course maintaining his 'status' and image of 'wisdom'.

I didn't agree with everything of course, because if you keep comparing people between people, country between country, there will never be an end to it. But what matters to me, is personal growth and learning that counts.

I lots my appetite that day.. had a late lunch that my colleagues 'da bao' for me.

Then I didn't go for dinner either although I had a 'job' from 8pm to 12am.

Little did I know what this 'job' was about when I accepted it. And since everyone was busy with other projects, I had to take it on alone.

Whether it was a shock or a pleasant surprise, I don't know, but I felt paralyzed and scared to know who I was actually going to record. Didn't have a choice to chicken out or anything, so I just had to be brave.

Think I sounded stupid at times when he was talking to me. Damn.. me and my vocabulary of Chinese just aint enough sometimes. Could see the look of confusion of his face, and he must think i'm weird.

Not wanting my nerves to get to me, I carried on trying to appear professional since this was only my second 'job' on my own. These people must have gone through so many similar situations before, and I must probably be the first female they encountered... the lousiest one maybe =P. Absolutely no confidence of myself...

And all throughout, I was worried I'll spoil everything for him.
Nonetheless, we completed everything (not the best, I know) but, in the time that they wanted.
And I was still pretty satisfied with what turned out =). The final product.. will be the true testimony of everything.

Waking up today, it felt like a dream. I still can't believe what happened yesterday.
And still I felt like an idiot...

Oh yeah, yesterday was the day that marked the birth of a very special baby too ;)
Congrats to gy, congrats to md! See you guys this weekend... its been a long time....

1 Comments:

At 6:31 am , Blogger Ying said...

hey babe, hope everything is fine with you now...:) if you like to meet up you know who to call

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home