Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Am I becoming more stupid

Sh says its because I never do get enough sleep.. which is on average always around 5 hours of sleep a day.. and alot of weekends, I don't rest either. It could be true, but does sleeping less make you become more stupid?

I see it this way...

The more afraid I am to make mistakes, the more mistakes I tend to make. I was never like this in the past. Maybe its the job that I really hope to progress in and I don't want people to see me make mistakes or do things wrongly. Yet, the opposite tends to be happening. Maybe its still the same as any other job where I made mistakes.. just that I forgive myself less in this job (simply because I treasure it more).

So many times, when I find myself in places and situations that I couldn't even imagine myself in... I wonder why I am priviledged with these opportunities. What have I done in this world to deserve all these? Most importantly, am I clever and fast thinking enough for all these?

One thing for sure... I know I'm not PR enough. I warm up slowly to others and I'm always easily left out (unless someone introduces me to the stranger.. that person remains a stranger to me). This is something I can't help. I'm not there to be a marketing or PR person anyway... thats when I miss the people I'm all so familiar with. Well, all I can hope is over this period where I'll be working closely with this group of people (plus the many more that I am due to meet).. I can warm up more quickly.

Even to him.. it still feels awkward, not knowing what to say even when he's sitting beside me.

I just don't know how to walk into a group of chatting people, and try to get myself involved in the chat... this is something I've never really learnt over the years.

I want to stay on in this job to learn more, to achieve what I could only dream about in the past.. but now its within reach if I know how to clinch the opportunities and work hard, to let my boss be happy with what I am and have done... (yeah, so as to raise my pay eventually). And essentially, I just want to be happy.

Yet, I know I can't always be in my comfort zone. I'm not an outward and extrovert character by nature... I can only hope for pple to know me better. I'm not unfriendly, I'm just quiet.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 am , Blogger MsLalynn said...

Yes, lack of sleep DOES make you more stupid, and more prone to mistakes and accidents. You aren't doing anyone any favors by depriving your brain and body of rest. Lack of sleep also leads to other health problems later in life. Good luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home