Tuesday, December 13, 2005

PMS

Post Mayday Syndrome. Haven't had it in quite a while, but it was FH that sparked it off all over again.

We were all truly happy. It was like a time capsule which could not hold anything else but happiness. It didnt' matter that there was so much feedback punctuating the songs, it didn't matter that there was the over anxious security who didnt' seem to have much to do and so they needed to find some things to do (like getting pple to move within their seats.. even moving out a bit was wrong). It also didn't matter that there were alot of working partners i knew around... why should image matter when I should be having fun? Neither did it matter the few rows behind us were all seated but only stood up to take photos when mayday came near.

We were in our own world. That time belonged to us. And I want every moment of it to sink deep into my memory.

2001. The day before the concert, we rushed into IRC in search for friends with a common passion. I found them. No more lonely days of hunting down news online and recording every piece of news of MD on tv and catching every episode of OK La. That year, I found him too.

2002. We couldn't have been crazier. We did whatever crazy things we could have possibly done in our lives and things we actually regret doing now (swear never to do it again.. what is it? I'm not telling you =P). The year that MD went on a hiatus and us, in search of our own dreams... The birth of our forum =)

2003. MD never seemed to have left us because we, the crazy people were always together, busy at work with everything MD. Meetings after meetings of I don't really know what either haha. That year, MD came back... and off we went to tw, 3 of us... for MD's reunion concert TKZC.

2004. SG TKZC, Jurong stadium and so many more... we became the mafia =) And we finally got down to the opening of maydaymayday.net. And also the year when that very special event happened (when am I getting married? Why so kaypoh =P). It doesn't even feel so long ago but its the sweetest part of my memory even till now.

2005. The year when things became a little shaky after FH in tw, but I'm glad we're all back together now... to where we were just a few days ago. Arms around one another, singing Pun Soh Chia. It meant so much to me.. I was truly touched that day. The mafia is there once again.

I can tell that MD themselves had a great time during the concert that day. They looked more like they were having fun than putting on a performance. And it was really a warm feeling, being able to see it in their eyes. I'll always remember looking up, and seeing the smiles on their faces or the gleem in their eyes.

Thats what keeps me with them for so long. That sincerity and that acknowledgement, even without words... its strong enough to keep me going.

FH SG... I miss it so badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home