Wednesday, December 07, 2005

me, manager?

had a swollen eye today and i actually took leave.

But had a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that I had to go down to the venue today no matter what, because its the final rehearsals. So, used all sorts of ways to cure the swell, teabag, nap, teabag, nap.. and finally the swell eased.

Headed down to the venue subsequently, but during my first nap, i was awoken by a phonecall.

In a blur state, I answered...

And a woman's voice came through, identifying herself as being from N**... then i thought.. oh yeah, the job that I (anyhow) applied for. Well, not that anyhow too, because I had to write a one page description on why I wanted to do that job and why I was suitable for it.

What's the job? Its manager for a certain government company, doing something related to music ;), but its a 9 month contract. I applied because I wanted to feel like I was making an effort to find a new job. Never expected to be called because after all.. how can I be a manager? ( I even stated such a high expected pay!)

It got me thinking for a while and I didn't agree to an interview timing right away because I still had an event on the day that they wanted to fix the interview. So I said, I'll call them back. In a way, it was to stall time for me to think through if I should even try for this job.

Talked to SH and also S, and I finally decided to call the company back. But to my surprise.. I wanted to change the interview day, and they couldn't even push it back by one day. Strange and so highly inflexible. So because of that, they'll rather not interview me.

Didn't feel that sad anyway, coz it was just a try-try thing.

What I really want is another 2 jobs. Hope I get either one of them... these 2 are harder (probably less pay), but I'm praying hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home