Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Its Pharoah's week!

(Its on National Geo Ch every day I think, from 9pm and repeated again from 1am)

My type of tv schedule for sure haha and something that can really get my pulse racing, other than mayday =P... gonna be busy every night trying to catch everything if possible on NGC.

Yes, I love Egypt!!! :)
This is actually something that I believe not alot of people know about me. But well, now you know! haha.. as if its of any use anyway.

The day before on NGC, it was 2 hours of groundbreaking discovery and light shed on King Tut's death.. at long last with the help of high end technology (a CAT scanner and forensics) and not so modern nor expensive technology (a $10 fan). How much more amazing can it be to finally learn that what has been taken as fact for so long, is actually not the real truth.

And so, now the world knows that King Tut didn't die from being hit in the head by one of his enemies, but he died of an infection from a very badly broken leg.

I can't help wondering what if in the future, a more high end technology is developed and use in studying this mystery all over again. Will a new 'fact' be written then? Or is this as close as it gets to the truth?

For you kaypohs who want to know what he actually really did look like, here it is
(his face will appear next to his gold mask and its an actual reconstruction of how he looks like, based on the 3d modelling obtained from the CAT scan)

Just after that 2 long hours of surprises, we watched on till 4am (yup, sh was there watching it with me hahah).. another hour of the mysterious royal mummy which got sold off to niagara falls. The one whom they have come up to the best conclusion that he is Rameses I.

Well, another poor king.. who got shipped off to a foreign land and forgotten but only to be known as the mummy with the crossed arms, lying next to a not so pleasant looking mummy, for years. I guess the pharoahs or people of that time, would never have imagined such a future.

But I'm always awestruck by ancient Egyptian culture.. the brilliance of their technology, the complexity of their religion and the intricacy of their society. Which is why I always think, that if I ever could, I would have chosen to become an Egyptologist. There is just no other subject that I would follow so faithfully, remembering such odd sounding names and eagerly watching programs related to this single civilisation, that marked just one part of human history.

How I miss Egypt.. and how I wish I can wonder through the halls of the museum once again.. only longer and in greater detail than before. I really want to go back there one day.. at a more leisurely pace, but with someone who truly appreciates it as much as I do ;)

In the meanwhile.. I'm happy digesting more new info that's sheding more light on the beauty, history and mysteries of Egypt.


My photo of the sun set on the Nile in 1998.... beautiful isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home