Friday, May 20, 2005

I'm 25!

On this day.. 20.05.2005...

I have finally turned 25!

The number that always felt so far away even when I turned 24.

Old? Nah... why should I be afraid of feeling old or afraid of ageing? Ageing is part of life and the reason why we are all on this earth, is to live a life.

So, why fear growing older? Or why even lament about ageing? Its a natural process of being alive and we SHOULD celebrate being alive.

Each day I wake up, I'm glad I'm still able to see my loved ones and feel the love and care of friends around me.. glad to be able to smell the air and fragrances from cuisines and see the lovely colours of this world.

On some days, we are loaded with more worries, but worries are there... so that we will learn and grow each year, as we remember our birthdays year after year.

I'm glad to be 25.. having experienced life more by a year, than a 24 year old. I'll never claim to be old.. why should I succumb to social norms?

I remember the year of my 21st birthday. While everyone was planning a special birthday bash for themselves, I wanted mine to be different. It was not to be just a one day celebration or passing ritual, I wanted to become a different person.

That year.. the 21st year of my life, I shed away lots (and I mean lots) of weight and gained more confidence, I challenged my fear of doing a customer service job by working at the airport, I grad with an unexpected gold medal I never thought attainable in my life.. and I stepped out of my shell to openly support Mayday... that was when I met him. And it made that 21st year even more special.

Each year on my birthday, I reflect on what I have done since the previous one.. and each time I hope that I have progressed in some way or another along the way. At least for this birthday, I know I have :). Its not the best I could have done but when my next birthday comes, I hope to have attained more impossibilities.

Although my mum won't read this, but I still want to tell her I love her for being the best mum in the whole entire universe. And thank her for holding on before letting me out on such a wonderful birth date hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home