Saturday, June 04, 2005

my newest obsession

carlos santana's the name.. and its all thanks to hx who started sending me songs of his. just one was enough to catch me onto that very melo, sad and emotional guitar sound.

yes, i wanna go gramaphone to hunt for his abandoned cds soon (haha.. ok i'm cheapo.. i need to save money :P)

as of now 'love of my life' is my favourite song.. been looping it countless times. His guitar just seems to speak to you.. its amazing. the best parts are always without the vocals haha.

if you thought that instrumental guitar is boring, try listening to him play. I guess all along all the other guitar legends just never really caught on to me as much. Electric guitars need not be shrilling and full of distortion all the time... because santana has shown how they can also be very very full of emotion.

just as rock need not always been about smashing guitars and about how bad the world is, as mayday has shown (i just gotta come back to mayday eventually, don't I? hahha... well, old obsession meets new obsession ;))

4 Comments:

At 11:07 am , Blogger keitsu said...

we found another 2nd CD store... you can try out there too.. :)

 
At 10:07 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't it be my latest obsession rather than my newest ... ?

 
At 3:13 am , Blogger Florence said...

where's the CD store???

haha i just thought that 'latest obsession' has been used too much.. so used 'newest' instead. trying to be different... ok, i'm just being silly hahah.

 
At 9:46 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

santana~~ yay!! i m in love w him. he showed me how electric guitar dun need to have rapid, technical riffs to touch a person. it's the feel... hee, really be careful of wat you buy ok. i think the supernatural album is worth a try. haha...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home