Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Quotable Quotes

I'm a sucker for quotes. Really!

When I run out of things to surf for on the www, I just turn to reading quotes.

But why quotes? you must think..
Because I think that quotes are just like soccer highlights. Its the essence of what a person has said, just as the highlights show the goals of every soccer game.

Here's just some that I think are fantastic...
And hopefully for those who are feeling weary, lost or unsure of their lives, these may help enlighten you alittle in whatever way possible :)


For those lost souls out there,

Morrie Schwartz, in "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom
So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.

Gail Sheehy
If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living. Growth demands a temporary surrender of security.

Nelson Mandela
A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.

Thomas Watson, Sr., Founder, IBM
To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.

Mother Teresa
It is not how much you do, but how much Love you put into the doing that matters.

Helen Keller
It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves.



And after reading these, I really start to miss my choir..
each time I sit at mass away from the choir, I have the urge to go back to conduct and to add to the force of the harmonizing vocals. They've asked me when I will be back.. I want to go back, but I'm afraid, afraid that once again I will be laden with too many loads that I can't handle and be back to where I was before I left them for a break. I don't know the answer, but I'm sure He does.

I will go back, I want to. I want to sing and lead His choir once again, to give back to Him what he has given to me, to give to His people whatever I can give. I just need that energy once again and at the same time, if I were to go back, I need to learn how to say 'no' to certain tasks given to me.

I'm putting my trust in Him, in this, and in my own life endeavors..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home