Sunday, April 17, 2005

Bah humbug!

(Don't ask me why I put this title, it just came to my mind hahaha)

Humans are such complicated creatures...
Sure makes you wonder if all those years of evolution only made us worse, made us more divided than united, more differentiated than homogeneous, more confused than clear-minded, more stupid than intelligent, more lazy than dilligent, and well... the list goes on...

I hate humans, as much as I am a human myself. Yes, I hate humans.
Maybe thats why I always didn't want to ever study psychology. Why bother to try and understand the minds of humans, if they can't even understand themselves no matter what? Its an awful waste of time.

And thats why I chose sociology. Although its about human society... at least we get to laugh and be cynical and critical at ourselves =P.

Anyway, thats not my point here.

While humans think that they are superior beings, they are actually inferior. You don't see a pig fretting over its friendship with another pig do you? You don't see many cats trying to vie for the attention of a single cat, except for mating reasons. And in the animal kingdom, if you are stupid, nobody bears with you, because you will just perish and die (my years of watching discovery channel haha).

Yup, humans are stupid simply because they know how to think and know how to make themselves miserable.
I don't wanna try and understand humans.. I'm happier trying to understand my dog haha.

Human relations.... probably the most complicated subject in the world and even more complicated than nuclear science or biotechnology. The human mind... probably the most developed-underdeveloped (i didn't type wrongly here) matter in the entire world. Humans, the most paradoxical creatures on this living earth.

We whine over stupid things.
We fight over stupid things (not to mention grown men fighting over one soccer ball)
We worry about stupid things.
We give priority to stupid things.
We get angry over stupid things.
We are proud of stupid things.
We create stupid things too!
So how can we not be stupid?
esp if all our own misery is brought upon ourselves, by... ourselves!

Maybe.. thats why there are hermits in this world, dissolving themselves from the human-ness of the society around them. I wonder... how happy these people are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home