Tuesday, November 30, 2004

maydaymayday.net is CLOSED

Yes, I want to resign, I should concentrate on my own life instead.
Why do I do so much for? I lose sleep, I use up alot of my own private time, I even use up my time with my boyfriend, and I sacrifice my own schoolwork for doing all these Mayday stuff. Does Mayday know it? I guess not, coz we never bothered to tell them and we didn't want to make a big fuss out of telling them either. Maybe its our own fault for never wanting to tell them upfront that, Hey! We made a web just for you guys! Come see ok? Leave us a message too! Write something for us to put up on our web please!
(But then again... I just don't like to do such things...)

We shall close the website.
Goodbye to mdmd.net.
No more tons of news to translate.
No more radio interviews to record and edit.
No need to hunt for any more chords & tabs.
No need to update any profiles or links.
No need to worry about people not being able to download files and answer all their queries or solve their individual download/computer problems
No need for Sh to convert any more OK La episodes either and fight with his siblings for the use of the com
No need to answer to anyone anymore
No need to feel as though we owe everyone out there something
No need to face any fansite politics either
No more stress

From now on, I shall have enough beauty sleep, less wrinkles, less eyebags, less pimples. I shall have more time for my schoolwork and I won't miss deadlines. We can even catch a movie all the time, rather than sit at home or at sh's home doing the website.

Isn't this such a wonderful dream.

But its a dream............
Maydaymayday.net is still OPEN.
It remains open because it is our dream. Our dream to want to bring the joy of Mayday and their music to other people. We never made it for the sake of Mayday, but only with Mayday fans in mind, Mayday fans just like ourselves.

We want to do it just because it makes other people happy. But hey, allow me to let off some steam here in my blog, because I've got a bunch of radio interviews yet to put up, plenty of news not translated, somemore photos to put up, queries (sometimes unreasonable ones) to answer.

As I try to do my sch work, I worry about pple wanting the ufm or 933 interviews soon. I can just hear shir or nic telling me to not bother and just concentrate on my work, but then all these are constantly at the back of my mind. Simply because I want mdmd.net to be a success (and I'm a extreme perfectionist.. wouldn't put up stuff if its not up to my own expectations), not for the sake of people knowing us, but for the sake of giving mayday fans what they want. Giving many out there who are unable to access chinese sites, a better opportunity to know mayday.

I never wanted to be high profile. I just like to be simple old me, doing what I like most, music and making people happy. Just like what sh told me before, when he started the forum in the past, he never expected it to become what it is today. And neither would we expect that our website could clock a number of up to 90000 people to date.

It is an achievement. But what for? I ask myself sometimes. Can it feed us? Can it help us gain access to Mayday's studio? Can we have special priviledges when it comes to Mayday events? Can it even lead Mayday coming to visit us at our homes? The simple answer.. of course.... is NO.

I do wonder at times how long we can hang on, but we are hanging on tight. So long as both of us are together and Mayday plays on and we know there are people who enjoy the things at our website,
Maydaymayday.net remains OPENED.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 am , Blogger Florence said...

paiseh paiseh =P give you *ding xin wan* hehe

Coz its like, when Mayday sees me, they never know what I have done for them. And even if they see the web, they don't really know who did it either.
I'm not hungry for credit, but sometimes just hard to find true reason in working so hard.

 
At 5:32 am , Blogger keitsu said...

latte... hang on there... there are some pple who take things for granted, but there are also pple who appreciates all the hard work you all put in.. and i'm one of them.... if you need help, remember me.. i'm always willing to help... :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home