Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Beatels

It was an amazing experience, even though I was already really tired out and feeling real oily from runing around the entire day.

It was almost as good as the Beatles themselves. At that time, i just wished Mayday was there because they would have been able to appreciate it much better and how happy they would have been.

Listening to the Beatels talk, I just thought of the only Beatles album I have, Let it be (Naked), and the way they talked, its just such a striking resemblence to the music icons themselves. Whats more, the Beatels played the Beatles to almost perfection and you could really see the chemistry between the 4 of them. Most importantly, they just looked like they enjoyed themselves truly (especially 'Ringo' who I've gotta take my hat off too, for being able to shake his head, nod his head constantly while playing the drums... I was kinda worried his wig would fall off. It was either well attached or it was his real hair haha)

One thing I thought was really great was the vocals, all of them could sing and they harmonized just like the Beatles would. 'John Lennon' was really practically John Lennon singing live to us and Paul McCartney's screaming vocals in Hey Jude, was replicated superbly by 'Paul McCartney'. At that time, I felt myself in love with the Beatles or the Beatels... suddenly I didn't know which it was anymore, and I thought about all I've read about the Beatles ever since I embarked on my very long assignment.

They were the fab 4, 4 guys who had great dreams, great talent, great charisma and great minds. It became completely unsurprising how they could have been so succesful in their lifetime and till today, remain such iconic figures in music. I've never watched the Beatles while they were alive before, and John Lennon was shot on the fateful year that I was born, but yesterday I had that chance again, to imagine how people in the past would be watching the Beatles themselves perform.

It was great, simply great (pardon me for repeating this word so many times). It only cost $25 for the ticket but the performance, the showmanship, the talent and the entire setup was worth much more than that. It was not as large a turnout as compared to Jay's concert just next door, where we could hear roaring screams as Jay ended each number. But the Beatels gave us a new chance to experience the Beatles at this time when it is no longer possible to have the Beatles as they are. They gave us a wonderful night of music and a grown interest in the fab 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home