Sunday, October 31, 2004

Mayday is coming to town!

Finally... yes finally for a live performance at long long last. The last time they had a live performance here was for the concert on 25th Oct 2003... and its already been more than a year since...

Can you imagine how long my neck has stretched since then, waiting for them to come back?? Not to mention the disappointment of them not attending the 93.3 awards that we paid so much for :( (had to work a whole tiring day to earn that amount!) So I'm quite afraid now that this anticipation would be brought to nought once again, but I shall pray hard that they will really come this time..

Mayday coming back brought back alot of images to my mind, like a movie in reverse replaying itself. From the 2003 concert when I was down with a bad cold but still jumped myself crazy all night (i got more sick the next day of course haha but at that time, i just forgot my illness), to the junction 8 performance in 03 where it was simply fantastic beyond words, being so close up to the stage during a live performance.

Then it was the Tian Kong Zhi Cheng concert in aug 03, where I had the exprience of my lifetime.. never had I felt so exhausted even before a concert started and I so longed to just sit down on the floor. Never in my life have I had to run about on the perimeter of a stadium trying hard to fight my way into the venue, despite possessing a concert ticket which I paid $60 for! But for the first time in my life too, I found myself inside the VCD scene of a mayday concert that I have seen on TV all these years. For that moment, I was living my fantasy which turned out to be a touching, emotional yet physically draining reality. I swore on that day that I would never return there for another concert, I would never be in that mosh pit again, being in the midst of perspiring bodies, with movements not determined by myself but by the crowd.

But now, I really miss that moment. I miss that experience.

Zooming back further, I see images of the first mayday concert I ever attended. The time of my life was then. It was really it, it was mayday finally standing in front of me. They looked so big to me, I remember. I was even so bold then to stretch out my hand hoping they would notice as they walked past towards the stage a couple of times. I remember that moment! Monster gave me a high five! I remember it forever. That was my first 'touch' of mayday. Not to mention standing on the 1st row and looking eye level at mayday performing. It was sweet, simply sweet =D

At that time there was also the autograph session 01 at Plaza Singapura. For the first time, I went to meet Mayday. I never went to their events before because I was a silent supporter all along, until they came for the concert and everything in me just erupted, prompting me to go go go.

That was the day when I mustered the courage to hug Monster, Ashin and Stone. This is something I will never do again haha so it rests somewhere in my memory forever. Interestingly, that was also the day I met my boyfriend who still remembers watching me hug Ashin that day =P. I myself don't remember much of it, it was all just too fast and too unbelievable. Anyway with him ard now, I wouldn't dare to hug them too haha =X

The times when Mayday came were always so memorable and so happy. I just can't thank them enough for all that they have done. They may not know how much they are of an inspiration to a little person like me. But without them, I wouldn't have pursued my interest in music, taking up singing or keyboard lessons, or even dropping my honors program to do a course in audio engineering. Without them too, I wouldn't find comfort when I need most, the warmth and consolation that I always get from their songs. And without them, I would have bypassed friends that I would not have otherwise met in this lifetime.

If you ask me whether I regret loving Mayday. Its not a yes or no answer at all. I just have to say, I am so proud of them and I have always been proud of being a Mayday fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home