Thursday, October 28, 2004

Where will the grass be greener?

Right now, I'm just really tired of handling all my assignments. A lot of work is even an understatement of the full scale of school work that I've got to do. Thats for joining a course that gives you a diploma in 1 year and an honors degree after another year =P, I wanted things done fast and its definitely work being dumped on me fast too.

I actually miss my days of working at the airport, meeting people, just moving around, without having to worry about the big word, HOMEWORK. So like they always say, the grass is greener on the other side.

When I was working, I would miss studying. Now when I'm studying, its vice versa. This is probably an almost universal urban phenomenon I guess haha, and probably all readers to my blog would agree.

Just like right now I'm stuck here in Singapore, I wish to be somewhere else. Maybe in New Zealand with the 100% pure air (and 100% pure milk ahhaha), or in the States, roaming the aisles of the huge factory outlets, or in New York, catching a musical every day, or better still, in Taipei, the land of Mayday!!

Yes, I would definitely like that.. to be in Taipei, to attend the many music festivals, band gigs, promotional events, concerts and underground pubs featuring fantastic bands, gorging myself fat (fatter) with the delicious night market food. And I can even live in the fantasy of being able to bump into Mayday somewhere on the public transport or in the streets!! (well, like I said, its fantasy ehheh). That is THE life.

But is it really?

If the grass were really greener on the other side, why would there be such a song,"the green green grass of home" (whats the right title anyway =P). What an irony!

I think it all boils down to perception. We always hope for something better, the possibility and the hope for a better and happier life beyond what we already have, but we just fail to realise that what we already have is also very valuable (as I have witnessed friends around me losing their loved ones over these 2 years). We all long to fly away, to take off down our on paths, to venture into the great unknown with the possibility of achieving our dreams or something great.

I personally do think it is great to be optimistic and to be hopeful for greener pastures, because that is how I want to live my life. It beats being a frog in a well. But I think everyone should while pursuing their dreams, not forget everything and everyone around them now, because it is precisely all these people who will see us through our dreams and aspirations :)

Dare to Dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home