Saturday, December 09, 2006

Was it real?

Wednesday came and wednesday went by.. just like that.

After almost a year of waiting, we got this ultimate live performance of the century. haha I'm exaggerating.. but it was really fantastic to experience that feeling all over again. Especially after all the properly planned and staged Final Homes, this spontaneity couldn't have come at a better time.

Whether or not md would still be the md as we always knew them to be, after this next new album. What matters is, they will always be doing what they were called to do... music. Its this one thing that has inspired me all along.

12.6.2006

Went to work as usual, but I was a little late (as usual too hahah).. the day went by pretty quickly because I was targetting 6pm to complete whatever urgent matters I had that day.
It was also the last day that my overseas colleagues would be there, before they flew off with my boss the next day. And that day I ran off quickly without getting to really say goodbye to all of them...

It was around 7.20pm by the time we had a quick dinner and got on the cab (which took long to find us). We then got caught in a traffic jam, along our way to the stadium. I think we finally arrived at around 7.45pm.

At the stadium, we got greeted by a not very friendly usher who didn't bother much to look at our tickets (only asking: "premiere?", we nodded our heads and he let us in) and pointed to the direction we were to walk. Of course, not knowing where to go, we faced a locked door, so we returned to ask him which direction to go... of which his reply was "just go straight". Hmm.... is this customer service these days?

As we entered the stadium, we were suprised to find the rock zone so empty.. there was probably only 10-15 lines of people then. We shuffled our way to the front to the mafia (feeling a little paiseh for cutting queue) and soon we got surprised by linda who actually really bought my tw green milk tea back for me (whats more, she could get it into the stadium and not have it confiscated haha). And just to tell Linda, its not spoilt haha... thanks so much!!!! So nice to relive the taste of tw again hehehe.

SH and I quickly then squeezed into any available space to sit ourselves down. When the lights dimmed, we were shocked at how everyone started pushing towards the front, as if any space left in between would be an utterly waste of space. We even had an uninvited guest who made his way very very quickly between nic and I. His own friend was stuck behind SH and CM haha.. so the lone guy ended up right in front of me for the better half of the concert looking a wee bit awkward.

The concert started out with 'Sheng ge' decked in all white and a few splashes of pink.. in his shoes and belt (that he loved to flash now and then, including his stomach as well ahha). But was truly amazed by his showmanship.. there was not any moment when he was on stage, that was left 'cold'. And finally hearing one night in beijing... made me just want to jam it haha.

Then next came PG, whom I felt very sorry to for not really knowing his songs heheh. Never have I ever felt like a sorethumb sticking out in a crowd, especially since he likes to make the crowd sing with him.

But the crowd really truly came alive, when it was md's turn to perform.
(However, I gotta go now haha, so I'll continue in another post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home