Sunday, December 10, 2006

was it real? (continued...)

looking back at my previous title.. I apologise for the dramaticness of it all. It actually isnt' even a dramatic post haha, but at the point when i typed it, I was kinda at a loss for a title to put =P

Alright, back to the story...

Out came MD.. .. stone came heading towards our direction, the rest of them to their respective positions. It was a scene we have grown to become so so so familiar with. Yet somehow, a scene that we can never seen to tire of.

They played many similar arrangements from FH and also JL (the surprise of the day).. till the 'final' song JJ which we have already been well trained to understand as one of their preferred end-of-gig songs. They then quickly shuffled off the stage without real goodbyes or credits read or even the stadium lights being turned on, leading the again well trained us, to know that an encore item would be next.

However, the highlight of the night i'll have to say is in fact the birthday (a.k.a sabo) celebration. Whether it was preplanned.. it was really a funny sight to behold. From one birthday boy, it became 3 victims due to down 3 small bottles of stout. Then out came a huge bottle of stout for the birthday boy of the day who dragged down more victims together with him haha.

The 'cough mixtures', the smashing of the faces into the cake, the lump of cream that remained stuck on monster's hair all through the last song of the day, and the8 men on stage shoulder to shoulder singing 'peng you'... was simply the best way to end the whole event.

I really didn't want it to end (as cliche as it may sound)... I really didn't. Because when would the next opportunity be?

Watching fun happening spontaneously on stage, is certainly much better than watching well planned, perfectly timed and executed sequences.

Sometimes, its simplicity that we all need. And that night, it was just music at its best.

Can't forget also, to thank the girls for keeping the space for us even though we were so late ^__^ \/ 3Q!!!

But throughout the time I was watching the performance, till the time we went for supper.. it was strange that I was thinking about what was happening at office all the time. They were all busy rushing out stuff and I felt tempted to go back to see how they were doing.

That night, as we were about to go to bed (at 3.30am).. we both had the thought that we should go down to the airport later on, despite the fact that we had to go to work by 10am that day.

After sleeping just 2 and half hours, we rushed out of the house only to realise I had forgotten my mobile phone (didn't return to get it as we were running a little late). We got there at about 7am and waited just a few minutes before a bunch of very sleepy and blur looking guys emerged from their slumber inside the bus.

Although there weren't really any happy waving of goodbyes, it was the talk over breakfast with linda and qh that was really nice. Haven't had breakfast so early in the morning for so long and neither have i met up with friends for quite some time too.

SH and I then made our way back to my house to grab my mobile phone only to 'nap' for a 'little' while (from 20mins, it became 1 hour hahah)... of which I only reached office at 11am (my boss was already there) =P.

As I went down with him (my boss) to his transport to the airport, I managed then to wave goodbye to my overseas colleagues who were in the combi. This marked the end of a very interesting 2 weeks indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home