Friday, September 02, 2005

Day 1

Its been a really interesting day.

In a way, its my first true production.. one where reponsibilities lie heavily on my shoulders. And its nothing like the others I've assisted in before.

But its ok! I have everything planned out.. got things in my list all done.
hmm.. but this morning, suddenly realised I had no soundguy for one of the venues. Panic! Started sms-ing alot of pple non stop at 9plus. Then decided to postpone the soundcheck first, just to be safe while I'm searching for a soundguy.

You must be thinking, why don't I do the sound myself? Well, i can't coz I got to be running around making sure every area is going right.

Finally, the venue manages to help us provide their own soundguy. Phew.. but by then, I had already lost my handphone pouch while in my fluster going to work. Probably dropped it on the mrt... ... kinda miss it now, coz i got it when i first got my phone. Its like Tom without Jerry or Peter without Pan.. hmmm... haha nope that didn't sound very right, but yep, I've got a pouchless phone now.

One event passed and so far so good, no big screw up altho its not the most happening of events. But hard to be, since he's not really mainstream or some big name. It was still nice to see that he really had supporters, true supporters of good music.

He's an interesting guy too :), so friendly. Makes me wonder now if people with different inclinations, tend to be friendlier...

Oh yeah, he does the longest soundchecks ever too.. totally enjoying himself. Simply impressed by his guitar skills and voice. If only I could play half as well haha...

What can I say.. he's just a true blue musician, who feels his music, who lets others feel his music. Feeling deeply for something.. maybe that's what its all about.

I've gotta learn that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home