Thursday, August 11, 2005

All good things must come to an end

I really felt this today. Just have to say, its a very sad feeling even though we are still our regular joking selves, eating and laughing away, poking at each other, making fun of ourselves... there was still that sense of dread... that it had finally come to the end.

There were awkward silences in between our conversations today.. as though we all wanted to say something to one another, but just couldn't (it was that feeling of not wanting things to just end and move on)

We all worked and toiled just for that day... our countless hours working like mad together, against common enemies and facing common problems.

And that day, has just passed.

Today, we all felt a void. As though the typhoon has suddenly just stopped.
Things are peaceful again... but maybe too peaceful.

It also marked the day that they will leave.

I will miss both of them especially.

J, for all the care she has shown to me.. all that she has taught me, and also always being there to help me shelter off unneccessary pests.
S, for all his nonsense and jokes.... for simply being so bitchy, but always willing to accompany me for lunch or dinner when nobody else is around.

Of course, I will call you guys out again. where else do I find such nice people on earth? From the day I met them, I never felt like a stranger. And altho its only been around a mth, it feels as though I've known them for ages. Feels cliche... but its so true.

Doing this project might have been terrible.. facing some pretty terrible people. But I can't deny what I have seen, what I have learnt, and most importantly, the people I have met. And the people I have grown closer to.

I don't know how my own road will go too after next week.
I hope I get used to working without both of you around. There probably won't be as much laughter, but I still wish both of you the best. I'm sure, we will have the chance to work together again, and I'm already looking forward to that day.

I can only say, I've never enjoyed working this much before.. despite all that rubbish I faced or the tiredness that has overwhelmed me. Thank you guys for giving me so much joy and laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home