Tuesday, March 22, 2005

So much for love and peace

I am really sick and tired of having to face the same problems over and over again. I wish it were that easy to pull myself away from this.. but its not, because its something i truly love and believe in. I wish it could be simpler, yes....

where everyone is at peace with one another...
where no one tries with means and ways to climb over another...
where all come together for a common cause...
where there is no selfishness or ulterior motives...
where sharing is what matters and
where giving counts more than receiving.

I wish.. I really wish.
As John Lennon put it "Imagine all the people... living for today"

But maybe I've been all too naive.

Yes, I've grown up to understand that the world is unfair but then again, I'm not really concerned about others getting a bigger share of the pie than me.. seriously, I've learnt over the years not to envy anyone because I have so much more myself that others don't have.

I'm proud to be me, yes... ole cynical me.. all full of criticism for everything in the whole wide world. Proud to be the imperfect person but surrounded by friends and family who treat me with an open and true heart.

But as much as I can feed on my own plus points, each and everyone of us is fuelled by one thing, called APPRECIATION... especially me.

fame.. money... recognition ?
nah, i'll rather have appreciation.
as much as i wish the rest of the world would think the same way as me.... its far from the truth and harsh reality of life.

I've always tried hard... constantly.. yes very very constantly to convince myself that it is in giving that we find our true reward. We give, not with the intent to receive anything... but sadly... over time, how much can this stand as a convincing arguement, even to myself?

I'm confused too.. utterly confused.

what's the point of being so 偉大 in a dog eat dog world?
Some pple don't even care. So why am I caring?

Maybe I should really just step out of all this... and wash my hands completely. I don't want to play in this game.. I never wanted to but rubbish just comes flying in from all directions when you least expect them to.

Love and peace..
So simple words, so easy to say but out it goes, from the window, when personal interests come into place.

I want love and peace, but does everyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home