Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm at back home

Not sure if this is really home now. As I took the flight back yesterday on my own, I said goodbye to my brother and my parents. It felt as though my home was there with them and I was coming to sg alone. My bro even made a joke that I was coming to sg to study. Truly, I felt sad as I left. Of course, it wasn't as though I wouldn't see my parents soon. They'll be back next Tue anyway.

I just felt a real tinge of sadness when I heard my bro tell me at the airport that he and his girlfriend have finally decided to stay on in Melbourne for permanent residency. I never expected that I would actually miss my brother that much. Even when he first left sg to study in melb, I'll have to admit I didn't really miss him. I was enjoying having a bathroom all to myself, and even an extra room at my own disposal.

But after this trip to Melb, I experienced what its like to have an elder brother again, someone to care for me, pamper me, to bully me, to talk to me about his life or my life. A brother who was always very close to me but wasn't very much at my side for 3 years, suddenly in the past 4 days, I felt it all again. Even when he came back each year to sg, I never felt what I felt in the past 4 days. And last year having to go through the hospital drama when he had to go for surgery. I really miss having a brother right now.

Probably I never felt this before, because in the past, there was an end to the wait. I knew it was going to be 3 years. But now, I know he won't be living in this house again for a long time, till he can return for a trip. And as I looked at his room, his things in our bathroom, I just felt sad. Its silly, but its true.. and I always envied those who have siblings at their side.

But then again, I want the best for my bro. If he comes back, he and his gf will be separated by distance. So staying there might be the best for them. And since my dad loves the idea of migrating too. I guess, in the end, it'll be left with me coz pepper will surely follow my dad wherever he goes. I will have to strike it out on my own.

Maybe I'll get over this soon enough. We all have our own lives to lead. At least I know that they are happy =). And I get to have free lodging, food and transport each time I visit Melb too =P.

Enough of the sad stuff... this trip, wasn't much of a tour really, coz I was there for my brother's and his gf's graduation. Will blog more on what happened when I come back from lunch. Hungry!! Its dinner time in Melb anyway...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home