Sunday, March 11, 2007

How's life been?

Once in a while, a message pops up on msn and a friend whom I haven't met up or chatted with for some time will always ask this question, "how's life!?"

erm... busy.

Its a somewhat acceptable answer to give.
Whether or not you really are that busy.

By saying that your life is not a busy one, would indicate that you are in working environment that is too relaxed; or that your work is too mundane.

Likewise, it could indicate that you have a boring life outside of work; that you have no interesting hobbies/activities or other goals and aims to keep you occupied.

What are we constantly busy with then?

Here's a sneak peak into my busy life:

Work:
Now till september, things will just be moving very quickly project after project, big and small. My brain's loaded everyday, thinking about what I have to do today, tomorrow, or what I need others to complete for me within the week.

In a nutshell, its always about me chasing people to meet deadlines so that other people don't chase me instead.

But no worries, I've recently updated my brain RAM to 2gig. It has helped me in rattling off schedules and updates of projects off the top of my head.

However, I do need an upgrade in my antivirus program to be able to constantly debug the problems that are hitting me all the time.

And firewall would be good too, to block off "tai chi" from others who are not doing their jobs, but expecting me to do it for them (when I don't even belong to their department!).

Work Part 2:
I've got a 2nd job at home now. No, I'm not moonlighting!

Not that I haven't had it all along, but things have picked up lately with our greater determination to have the mdmdnet website up once again (after 2 looooong donkey years).

So its back to the compilation of information, all the writing, all the jargon of codes that seem to float across my eyes when I try to look at them, and our little discussions over meals or on the train.

To cut this grandmother story short, yup! mdmdnet will be back..... soon.

Home:
Today happens to be my mum's birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

We had a nice Japanese a la carte buffet dinner on Friday. Expensive but definitely worth it.
Had my lifetime's worth of salmon sashimi, plus lots of salmon in grilled form/fried form.
You could say, we were 'fished' out.
But I'm glad mum enjoyed it =)
Its all this lousy daughter can do for you, to celebrate your birthday.


And thats just about it. So does my life sound busy enough to be considered 'busy'?

I'm just looking forward to October now, for our planned trip overseas, where we will implement the plan towards the next step of our lives, as we begin our field research.

If you are thinking that we're getting married. Nah, don't kid yourself. Its absolutely the last thing on our minds.

Our plan, we'll just keep it to ourselves first. So nobody will be able to laugh the top of their heads off if they know about our silly plans =P

Maybe the next time someone asks me how my life has been?
The answer should be, trying hard to save money.

Why? In future, the truth will unfold itself.
May the force be with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home