Thursday, September 22, 2005

Steamboat, Mahjong and a runny nose

Met up with my colleagues who left the comapny after we completed that big show.

Sure miss them.... and over dinner, as we poured over that steaming pot of soup and digging into the food, I wished that the time spent with them was not just over dinner but they could be back with us at work... and we could be slogging like mad together again, over some exciting or lousy event.

It made me recall all the events we went through together, so much so that I wasn't really concentrating on the food. Either the food was very little, or we ate really fast.. because the dinner seemed pretty short to me and I felt dismayed to have it end so soon, after not meeting them all for so long.

They wanted to adjourn to J's house for mahjong. I'm not really a mahjong player, never wanted to gamble in my life. But because I wanted to spend more time with them, I went along despite my nose running and feeling pretty cold.

Reach J's house and her gf wasn't around (well, if her gf was around, we wouldn't have stayed for so long). So we began our mahjong. I wasn't supposed to play! but they only had 3 of them... so i obliged... and of course, with me not really knowing how to count points and with them treating mahjong like the most serious game ever, playing at top speed, needing the most strict criteria to win, of course I didn't know how to win.. coz my usually ways of winning just didn't pass their criteria. So being confused, I just went through round by round by round, waiting for things to end.

It wasn't about the game really, it wasn't abt how much I was losing. I wasn't really playing, I was just spending that time there with them.

Whatever they were explaining to me about the point system, I couldn't really understand because I was distracted by my runny nose and my sorethroat.

I wish they would come back to the company. All 3 of them.. but then I myself am thinking of leaving hahah.. so how could I even expect them to come back.

Anyway, they better come up with new activites other than mahjong, otherwise I will die from trying to spend more time with them... from my already very poor pocket =P. Next time, they should just oblige with me wanting to go karaoke =D

1 Comments:

At 1:13 pm , Blogger ツリちゃん☆ said...

Haha, I'll much rather go ktv too :P ... mahjong for me is like, huh?? *question marks all over head* At most only know how to "chua tai di" *don't know if correct spelling or not*...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home