Sunday, June 18, 2006

my once in a blue moon blog

here I am again.. after one trip and one gig.

Been wanting to blog on shanghai since I came back.. but i won't be posting everything about it here, nor all the photos, because I like to be mysterious ya? =P

I must say... that the trip to shanghai was a really really fun one, although I was going there for work. My task was basically just one thing, so I didn't have the type of headache I would get while I was working in Singapore. Life was straight forward... and in between, we would squeeze out time for eating, shopping and meeting old colleagues who had already left our company (to me, they're new friends rather than old).

In general, I just met lots and lots and lots of people... from hongkong, china, taiwan, malaysia and singapore. encountered a culture unlike ours.. and saw things from a different point of view (literally) for the first time.

So here goes... a simple photo blog of what I saw while in shanghai =)



Departing from Singapore.. my first time overseas for work. So gotta take a photo of the not very interesting LCD screen. Pardon me =P

When we landed, it was raining quite heavily and the air was misty. The 'fun' part of it all was, everyone was given a yellow raincoat upon leaving the plane. Why? Because the moment you step out, you get drenched. Why? Because the plane doesn't connect to an aerobridge.. and so the raincoat is supposed to keep you dry as you run down the stairs with your luggage and run into the already crowded bus of people in yellow raincoats.

Anyway, this photo is a view from the bus we were on (heading for our hotel).. shows how gloomy the weather was that day.

Some pictures of the hotel room and the view from our window. Pookie, our well-travelled friend, very kindly offered to be model in these 2 photos.

The '7 No's as you will see are:
1) Do not spit
2) Do not litter
3) Do not destroy public property
4) Do not destroy greenery
5) Do not jaywalk
6) Do not smoke in public areas
7) Do not use vulgarities

I think we probably need some of these here as well? =P


Hongkou Stadium.. kinda reminded me of Shi Li in tw.. just that this one has very fierce security who like blow their whistles at people for stepping on the grass =_=. How precious is the grass... or do they have not much on their hands to do actually?


I'm not me if I don't take photos associated to food haha. The 2 photos above show a contrast between 2 places that I ate at... one for the lower class and one for the upper class of Shanghai. The setting for the high class restaurant was of course more comfortable, but I must say that I enjoyed the simple but tasty fare of the little roadside stall much much more. Sorry I didn't photograph the food itself.. because when food comes, I forget about my camera hahah.

Where's the food? Here's the food! On the left is the dessert.. mango pudding that we had during breakfast one day.. yummy. And on the right.. a big feast of ma la huo guo. This was not lunch, not dinner, but supper! After a hard day's work that day.. we were definitely hungry and the food was excellent.


Our flight home =). Didn't have the chance to take a photo of the plane, the day we landed.. so had to seize the opportunity now haha. It was bright and sunny.. contrast to when we arrived. Yet, our plane was delayed... but nonetheless, it was fun playing scrabble with uncle Z.. all the way from shanghai back to sg, although I had to shake him off eventually because I wanted to sleep.

Now, I'm looking forward to the next trip at the end of the month to genting.. and thereafter, it'll be some time before the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home