Tuesday, January 10, 2006

weird

that's how I've always viewed myself and the way I know alot of people view me.

But, i like being weird, because it makes me different. I'm sure its already weird to people, that I enjoy being weird.

I love egyptology, I quit my honors (when only 20% of the cohort were offered it)... took up a job with a shitty pay even though I have 2 degrees, a levels and a diploma, I'm not looking for a graduates' pay job now even when I'm jobless, I don't like japanese music or dramas.. korean neither (simply because its IN to like it), I refused to buy an ipod when everyone is buying it.. although my bro just gave me one for xmas but I changed the earphones so it wouldn't be so prominent as an ipod, I hated baby-g when it was the rave during my secondary school days, I don't really like shopping and I hate the idea of manicures and pedicures (I prefer to spend money eating..) because I can't stand long nails, I spot dogs and cats faster than I spot cute guys,

And we have this really weird forum as well, where
1) you are a 'member' yet you are not tied to the forum. 'member' is just a term, not a title.
2) you do not require to pay anything or are expected to earn any points to gain anything (yes, everything is free)
3) we just want to do things because we feel we have the ability to help benefit everyone
4) no need for any of mayday's signature or acknowledgement
5) everyone can come and go as they want, take and give as they deem fit
So much so, that we truly pride in being independent and deviant.

I'm really fine with people finding me weird. I've never really strived to be anybody's role model or example in anything. I'm a bad example to lots of S'porean parents and the local 'garmen' I'm sure. But nothing beats Prof C who took drugs and organised riots haha, and now tells us to take one year off just to play music.

As deviant as I'll like to be, I'm trying to strike a balance between a dream and a ricebowl.

But still, weird is me, me is weird.
I like to see myself in a universe that is wide and diverse. We don't exist alone and neither are we simply living in a well.. protected from rain and shine. Everything that we do affects another being around us. Where there is cause, there is effect and where there are actions, there are consequences. People might feel that I always think too much, but I prefer to over-think than to under-think because thats what brains are for, aren't they? ;)

To think, is to be alive. To want to be different, is to live life.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 pm , Blogger huixian said...

sometimes its jus different ways of living. i bet ur pookie has a great trip n i hope he wun ever have to use his parachuting skills haha..

 
At 5:45 am , Blogger Noritaka said...

u dun sound weird to me leh,haha... if so,i shd be at least half of a weirdo too... but the misadventures of pookie... tt was weird to me,the stuff tt u two actually went thru to rescue him,but really shown urselves to be gd "parents",hee...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home