Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ripples in the water

I wanted to blog.

But there are just so many things on my mind.

So many things I'm angry about. About the country, the ruling party, the policies and the system. Its stifling

Angry about being taken advantaged of at work.. underpaid and treated like invisble by 'big heads'.

But yet, getting satisfaction from the work I've done and completing each project.

Feeling satisfied from being able to disturb the equilibrium of the inflexible, only-wanna-save-their butts civil servants.

It only takes a pebble to create ripples in the still water.
We all have a part to play, and we should live it fully.

Probably, if I wasn't feeling so angry about these right now, I wouldn't even call myself alive.

My ultimate respect to all these 'pebbles' out there, making their own efforts in changing this world, for the good of others.


As we've always been taught....

Still water breeds mosquitoes

Look at the big fat mosquitoes we've bred!!


2 Comments:

At 7:41 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you show such interest in the politcal environment. I'm not a member of the ruling party, neither am I a fan of their style. I also understand that a blog is a platform to voice your own personal opinion about anything under the sun.

I used to think like you. I used to resent the way politics work. Now that I've been out of the country and lived in an environment where the opposition has its fair share of fans, I'm beginning to think that what we have in singapore may not be that bad. (Emphasis being, may not). The people whom I've discussed our politics with have a very different perspective of things. Does it take foreigners to teach us to stop whinging and start analysing things in an objective manner?

Read 'Lord of the flies'? It takes alot to strike the right balance.

Think about this way, if you were them, putting aside all idealistic notions, what would you do and what can you really do?

Maybe it's time to venture out and see how the rest of the world works?

Cheers =)

 
At 2:34 am , Blogger Florence said...

Hi, and thanks for your comment =)

I would definitely take the time to read the book when I can.

I guess, there are many different perspectives to this issue (as you say too). And while I may be making a lot of noise in my own blog, I don't think I'm making much impact (truthfully).

I salute those who are able to influence others with their intelligent analysis and dynamic humour. This is something I can't do as well.

Its a constant reminder to myself that if this is a system I don't like and do not agree with, I must find ways to conquer it and outsmart it.

But as they say, being able to voice out and having the community take notice of these issues, is still very much better than everyone peacefully living their lives as though policies (fair or unfair) just 'happen' naturally.

I'm glad my eyes are opened as I watch through life.

And in this lifetime, I hope to see things change for the better. It is already a very comfortable life as compared to other countries, but it's never harmful to want to work to make things even better =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home